A BEAUTIFUL SETTING FOR LEARNING
Bowen Island Lodge is a retreat centre set on the still waters of Mannion Boay on Bowen Island. The Lodge is a five minute walk from the ferry and five minutes from the heart of the village of Snug Cove and numerous trails through forested park lands.
Location and travel routes
Bowen Island is a 20-minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay which is a 30 minute drive or bus ride from downtown Vancouver. Vancouver International Airport is easily accessible by public transit as well.
Useful travel links
- Translink trip planner: search for busses to Horseshoe Bay.
- BC Ferries schedule and current fares. (If driving, please arrive as early as possible to avoid being overloaded)
- Car2Go has a drop off at Horseshoe Bay
- Google maps location of The Bowen Island Lodge.
- Non-profit tuition: CA$925 + GST
- For-profit tuition: CA$1125 + GST
Accommodation and meals - information and cost
This is a residential program. Accommodations onsite at the Lodge are comfortable shared or private rooms with shared washrooms, ocean or garden views and access to an outdoor hot tub. Accommodation prices vary for single or double shared rooms.
- Shared room and all meals: CA$410 + GST
- Offsite private room and all meals: CA$600 + GST
If the cost is a barrier to your participation, please contact us for a 'creative tuition' conversation. We do our best to be as accessible as we can. Contact Caitlin at Caitlin.Frost@gmail.com to explore possibilities.
Delicious, locally prepared meals, snacks and beverages are included beginning with dinner on Sunday night and ending with lunch on Wednesday.
Arrival and registration and opening day
You may arrive and check in on Sunday starting at 3pm.
We begin our workshop with dinner at 6pm followed by an evening session from 7pm - 9pm.
November 12-15, 2017
Optional self-organized morning practice from 7am - 8am
Breakfast 8am - 9am
Sessions run daily from 9am - 6pm
Dinner 630pm - 730pm
Optional evening sessions 730pm - 9pm
Finish and departure day
We finish Wednesday at 2pm. You will be able to make the 3:00pm ferry to Horseshoe Bay